Friday, June 5, 2009

How Many Days? JET Update 7

I leave for Japan in 57 days!  That's less than two months folks!

The person who I will be taking over for has kindly contacted me so that I can ask questions, and so I now have some new information.

I've found out that I'll be teaching at 4 elementary schools, and one junior high school- so basically a different school for every day of the week.  It sounds like I might be the only JET participant in town- especially since the town is so small.

My apartment is considered big and new by Japanese standards.  It has a separated bedroom, living room, kitchen/dining area, and a bathroom with a clothes washer.  Apparently it's so hot in Kuroshio-cho that everyone just air dries their clothes.

I have the option of being called by my English first name, or my Japanese middle name.  I decided to stick with my first name, just so that there isn't any confusion on my level of fluency in Japanese.

The town atmosphere is "pretty casual" and is "predominatly a surfer town" which sounds awesome.

I'm off to work right now (no 4:15am for me today!  WOOOO!) so this is as much as I can post!

No comments:

Post a Comment